1694

Parker Tavern

2021

1724

1724

Abraham Bryant 3rd sold the house to his brother-in-law Nathaniel Stow, who was also a blacksmith.

1806

1806

The Sweetser Family owned and operated the property as a farm for most of the the 19th century.

This house, the oldest documented one still standing in Reading, was built by Abraham Bryant, a farmer and blacksmith. It is a style called “saltbox”, typical of seventeenth century houses, with a massive central chimney.